Wolfie Wallet – Frequently Asked Questions
Wolfie Wallet is different from the Meal Plan or Bookstore Campus Account.
- Accepted at more locations
It is NOT:
- Exempt from New York State sales tax
- Billable to your Student Account (SOLAR)
- Payable directly by Financial Aid
- You can add funds with cash, check or credit card at the FSA Services Office, Suite 250, Stony Brook Union.
- You can add funds with a credit card through campusdining.org. Click on the “Add Funds” link in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on the Wolfie Wallet tab.
- You can add funds with a credit card through stonybrook.edu/fsa/wolfiewallet
- You can add funds with cash through the Cash-to-Account machines.
4 – If I run out of funds on my meal plan, should I add money to Wolfie Wallet to make additional food purchases on campus?
It is your choice:
If you are sure you are going to use all of the money you add by the end of the semester, adding funds to your meal plan will save you money. All student meal plans are tax-exempt, saving you 8.625% on every purchase. Plus, students who have a resident meal plan save an additional 4% on all of their purchases. However, meal plans are not refundable and must be used in its entirety by the meal plan end dates. For more information on meal plans, visit our Meal Plan Information Center
But, if you are too busy to track your meal plan balance at the end of the semester, Wolfie Wallet is a better choice. Wolfie Wallet purchases are not sales tax-exempt, but the money you add will not have an end date and will rollover from semester-to-semester.
12 – If I already have a Faculty Staff Debit Plan, will my unused funds be transferred to Wolfie Wallet?
Students can save money when they wash and dry their laundry using any one of the 70 laundry rooms on campus.
Comments or Questions? Call FSA Services Office at 632-6517
Download the Wolfie Wallet brochure (.pdf)